Wednesday, July 4, 2018

My Declaration of Independence



Today I choose to be free. This is my personal Declaration of Independence.

Today I declare myself free:
Free from the power of sin - In Jesus' name and through His redemptive work on the cross.
Free from the need to answer to everyone else and ignore my own needs.
Free to pursue my life, liberty and happiness.
Free to say no to things that do not serve me well.
Free to say yes to my personal best.

I am a strong, independent woman.
I do not need the approval of others to be complete. (Jesus completes me. I am enough.)

I am free to think and vote the way it seems best to me.
I am free from the bondage others try to impose upon me.
I am free to eat what I want.
I am free to not eat things that don't contribute to my best health.

I am free from my past - anything that made me feel less than.
I am free to chase hard after my future.
I am free to give love, lots of love, because my cup is already filled to overflowing.
I am free to shake the dust from my feet and move on if  you don't value what I have to offer.

On this day of national independence, I declare myself dependent
on Jesus for salvation.
on the Word of God for guidance.


I am free to worship God in my way according to my beliefs.
I am free to believe in my dreams and desires.
I am free to grow and change and adapt.
I am free to love and respect you even if I don't agree with you.
I am free  to walk away from you if I need to.

I declare my freedom
to be the person I was made to be even if I'm still learning who that is.
to accept responsibility for my choices.
to view things differently.
to seek peace.

I am free to stop blaming others for my situation.
I am free to see my past failures as part of a divine plan to lead me where I am today.
I am free to embrace more joy every day.
I am free to lie down and rest so I can awake refreshed and ready for the new day.
I am free to see every day as a blessing and opportunity.
I am, indeed, free to be me!

This is my personal Independence Day. I am free, and so are you.
Signed,
Stephanie Redmond
July 4th, 2018














No comments:

Post a Comment