Tuesday, June 5, 2018

When Death Seems Best

Today my heart is full of sadness for a woman I never knew. A woman who was only 55 years old. A woman who began what became a multi-million dollar company in her New York apartment making handbags out of burlap. A woman who was married and had a 13 year old daughter. And today she ended her life. 

What kind of mental hell must someone who has seemingly everything be in to make that choice? I don't know her. I don't judge her. I hurt for her. I hurt for those who actually knew and loved her. I hurt for others out there who believe they have no choice left.

I live my life on a mission to help women find greater joy. I want to tell all who will listen about a Savior who loves them so very much. I yearn for people to know their true value and their worth. And there's a secret - your value has nothing to do with position or bank account or looks or marathons or perfect homes or education or true love. You are valuable because you are you. It's the who you are not the what you are.

To the souls reading this who are faced with so much pain, such deep depression, such a deep belief that things will not or cannot get better that they want to end their lives, I want to give you a message. I pray it will offer hope. You are good enough just like you are. Jesus loves you no matter what you've done or haven't done. There are people who want to help you and are trained to help you. Call them. I pray that you will find comfort for your weary soul and live to see joy and hope restored.

NATIONAL SUICIDE LIFELINE: 1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment