Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Stood on a Dock Today






By Stephanie Redmond

I stood on a dock today
And pondered the scene.
The movements of fish
Were beckoning me.
I looked deep within
To see what was there,
First the water
Then my soul.

I listened to birds today
Singing their songs.
Some were melodic and
Captured my heart.
Others persistent
And even annoying,
Their demands to be heard
Stealing the moment.

The trees in the breeze,
The ruffle of water,
Life all around

Muting the clutter
Of my mind, other voices,
And things to be done.
Not everything is urgent,
There’s joy in the calm.

The baby’s not napping,
The floor’s filled with crumbs.
I haven’t yet showered and
It’s way past noon.

But I stood on a dock today,
Checked in with my soul.
I listened to birds and
Heard my own song..

©2018 Stephanie Redmond

No comments:

Post a Comment